Bike City is the largest dealer of adult trikes and recumbents in the state of Arkansas.
The many reasons recumbent cycles are preferred over traditional uprights include the following:
- Spreading your body weight over a much larger area than on a conventional bike explains "recumbent comfort".
- A much more comfortable seat means less back, neck, shoulder, and posterior pain and none of those unnecessary trips to the urologist.
- No wrist pain from bearing your weight.
- Smaller frontal area means better aerodynamics which have allowed recumbents to set every bicycle speed record.
- The heads up position lets you enjoy the scenery instead of the grit on the road.
- In the event of an accident, there is a shorter distance to fall and the rider will fall feet first instead of head first.
- The high seat back allows you to leverage more pedal power by pushing with your back against the seat. Human power is maximized under these conditions.
- The feet up position is more physiologically efficient because the body can circulate blood more effectively, providing more oxygen to the muscles.
- They are virtually impossible to flip forward (endo).
- They attract attention.